Monday, March 16, 2009

FarseerMobile (Mathhammer Calculator) for Blackberry First Beta Complete

The first beta of FarseerMobile for Blackberry is complete and was sent out to the beta testers tonight. What makes the Blackberry version so useful is you can actually use it during a game as getting the results is super fast, all you have to do is plug in three to four numbers and there you have it. I used it while putting together a Necron army list to play against my brothers IG army, and I was very surprised especially by the results of comparing destroyers with heavy destroyers by their expected damage results against vehicles. I ended up taking two units of regular destroyers instead of the heavy destroyers.



I especially like the feature of being able to select each result on the damage chart you want combined into a single probability. The math for combining these is a lot more complicated than just adding the probability of each damage result, as it's a binomial probabilty, so it's really nice to get that number by just checking a few boxes.



I'm working on a screen for blast scatter, and leadership probability, should be done in a week or so. I could still use a few more beta testers, so again if you are interested, just email me and I'll get you setup.

- As soon as the Blackberry release version is complete I'll be starting on a web based version, which shouldn't be too hard as most of the code from the BB version will be reused.

8 comments:

  1. It looks good so far. Is there a Blackberry emulator so that those of us who do not have one can try it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a click box for Twin Linking or rerolls to wound? Those are important for comparing units damage output.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have re-rolling for hits, wounds, or saves yet, but I do plan on adding that. I've been trying to put that off until a later version but it seems like there is a great deal of interest for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'd like to be a beta tester, I have a blackberry Curve 8900, been playing 40k for about 8 years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still looking for a a beta invite on this awesome looking app if you are still doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see this will eventually come to the web. But is there any chance it will be coming out for the google phones?

    ReplyDelete
  7. RobotBeef, if you are still working on this app please let me know. I have a similiar app (not BlackBerry, will port to Android and possibly iPhone) in the works. Send me an email and I'll get you a current version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your still looking for tested I'll be interested.

    ReplyDelete